Handling Personal Information
1.Collecting and Using Personal Information
JEI collects personal information on its unitholders and other parties in an appropriate and legal manner on an as-required basis. (JEI shall not collect personal information requiring special care (as defined in the Personal Information Protection Act) without prior consent of the parties involved, unless otherwise stipulated by applicable laws and regulations. The Investment Corporation discloses the purpose and intended use of collected information to related parties. Collected information is used internally to further JEI's business, and not for purposes other than those disclosed without consent of the parties involved, except as permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
2.The Purpose of Collected Information
JEI uses collected personal information for the following purposes:
- To support both the Investment Corporation in fulfilling its obligations and unitholders in exercising their rights, which are stipulated under the Law Concerning Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations (Law No. 198 of 1951, the Commercial Code of Japan and other related laws and regulations, as well as facilitating communication between the two parties
- To prepare and submit reports and statements mandated under the Law Concerning Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations, the Commercial Code of Japan, other related laws and regulations, and directives from stock exchanges
- To internally manage information concerning the Investment Corporation's unitholders
- To facilitate administrative procedures for issuing additional investment units and corporate bonds
- To swiftly respond to inquiries and requests for document
- To promote the effectiveness and efficiency of the Investment Corporation's overall operations
- To disclose collected information to third parties as necessary in the course of facilitating the purposes described above in II. a. - f.
3.Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
JEI shall not provide personal information to any third parties without consent of the parties involved, except in the following cases.
- When required by laws and regulations
- When it is necessary to protect human life or personal property, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual is difficult
- When it is especially necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound upbringing of children, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual is difficult
- When it is necessary to cooperate with national or local governments or a party entrusted by the government to carry out operations required by laws or regulations, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual may be a hindrance to carrying out such operations
- When such disclosure is permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act
4.Entrustment of Personal Information Management
JEI may disclose personal information to parties other than JEI in association with the entrustment of personal information management in whole or in part to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In this case, the Investment Corporation will select a specialist that adheres to the most stringent measures to protect personal information, and undergo adequate and necessary supervision of the trustee.
Inquiries on matters described in unitholder registry
The administrator of unitholder registry responds to inquiries on the matters described in the unitholder registry among the personal information handled by JEI.
|【Stock Transfer Agency Department, Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.】|
|Phone||0120-288-324（toll-free number, Japan only）|
Inquiries on personal information other than the above
The Asset Management Company of JEI responds to inquiries on personal information other than the matters described in the unitholder registry among the personal information handled by JEI.
|【Operation and Planning Division, Japan Excellent Asset Management Co., Ltd.】|
b.Procedures for requesting disclosure of personal information
Procedures designated by the inquiry counters in a. above shall be taken when requesting disclosure, correction and suspension of use of personal information under the Personal Information Protection Act. For details, please contact the above inquiry counters.
6.Latest Update Date
（Latest update date：May 30, 2017）